Recreation Facility Park
The building is located at the corner of Walnut and Spruce four blocks east of the Washington Square.
The Recreation Facility was formerly the site of several Washington schools, most recently, the Washington Middle School. The Park District acquired the old Washington Middle School in 2005, when they moved to their new location on Main St.
Mike Adams Gymnasium- The building has a long history, especially in the gym, which was built in 1934. It first hosted high school games 1934-1942. Adams Army, the players and fans that played for and supported long time coaches Mike Adams and Dave Adams, from late 1970s-2005, called this gym home. Doug Lee and Matt Roth played their middle school basketball in this gym.
The gym is named after Mike Adams, as he not only was a long time coach in this gym, but also worked for the Park District for 30 years as a pool manager. Mike and Dave both continue to work for the Park District mowing grass after retiring from teaching and coaching.
The gymnasium features an IHSA regulation basketball and volleyball floor, stage, as well as tumbling mats and tot toys.
Fitness Room and Fitness Center- the Fitness Center offers: 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical, a recumbent bike and an upright bike as well as a full set of dumbbells. The fitness room holds a regular schedule of group fitness classes.
- Fitness Membership Fees:
- Group Fitness Class Schedule:
Batting Cage- The batting cage offers two batting tunnels for individual use or for teams. Hitting Memberships are available October through March.
- Hitting Memberships
Birthday Party Packages and Facility Rental:
- Birthday Party Packages:
- Facility Rental Rates:
- Applications will be processed in order of receipt.
- Applications must be completed in full and signed by an adult, 21 years or older, who will assume responsibility for the group and be present during the rental period.
- The facility will be reserved based on availability and payment of the deposit.
- Refund requests made 10 days prior to the rental will receive a 100% refund, less $10 for an administrative fee.
- The Washington Park District reserves the right to retain all or a portion of the payment if the facility rental is canceled within 10 days before the rental date.
|Half Gym (1 mini court)||$15/hour||$25/hour||$35/hour|
|Full Gym (2 mini courts)||$25/hour||$30/hour||$40/hour|
|Meeting Room w/Gym||$30/hour||$40/hour||$50/hour|
Add $15/hour for after-hours rentals.
- Administration Office
- Conference Meeting Room and Lounge
- 9 Regular Classrooms
- 2 Activity Rooms
- 2 Large Classrooms
- Dance/Tumbling Studio
- Fitness Room and Fitness Center
- Martial Arts/Wrestling Room
- Batting Cage
- Playground (5-12 yr old)
- Basketball Court